We collect your personal data and other information when you make a purchase, use or register to our products and services, take part in campaigns or research or otherwise interact with us. This includes following categories:
- Product and service activations. Nexstim products and services may require electronic activation, where your device and application type, as well as unique device, application, network and subscription identifiers are sent to Nexstim.
- Information you provide us with. When you create an account, make a purchase, request services, participate in research or campaigns or otherwise interact with us, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, phone number, street address, user names and passwords, feedback, information relating to your devices, age, gender, and language. We also maintain records of your consents, preferences and settings relating to, for example, location data, marketing and sharing of personal data.
- Your transactions with us. We maintain records of your purchases, downloads, the content you have provided us with, your requests, agreements between you and Nexstim, the products and services provided to you, payment and delivery details, your contacts and communications and other interactions with us. We may, in accordance with applicable law, record your communication with our customer care or with other such contact points.
- Positioning and Location data. Location-based services establish location through the use of satellite, mobile, Wi-Fi or other network based positioning methods. These technologies may involve exchanging your location data and unique device and mobile, Wi-Fi or other network related identifiers with Nexstim. We do not use this information to identify you personally without your consent. When you use our location-based services and features, for example location-based search, navigation and routing, or request for map data, your location data is sent to Nexstim to serve you with the right content, which may also include location based advertising
Nexstim may process your personal data for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing products and services. We may use your personal data to provide you with our products and services, to process your requests or as otherwise may be necessary to perform the contract between you and Nexstim, to ensure the functionality and security of our products and services, to identify you as well as to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses.
- Accounts. Some services may require an account to help you manage your content and preferences.
- Developing and managing products and services. We may use your personal data to develop and manage our products, services, customer care, sales and marketing. We may combine personal data collected in connection with your use of a particular Nexstim product and/or service with other personal data we may have about you, unless such personal data was collected for a different purpose.
- Communicating with you. We may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example to inform you that our services have changed or to send you critical alerts and other such notices relating to our products and/or services and to contact you for customer care related purposes.
- Marketing, advertising and making recommendations. We may contact you to inform you of new products, services or promotions we may offer and to conduct market research when we have your consent or it is otherwise allowed. We may use your personal data to personalize our offering and to provide you with more relevant services, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our services. This may include displaying Nexstim and third-party content.
- Your consent and social sharing services. We may share your personal data if we have your consent to do so. Some services may allow you to share your personal data with other users of the service or with other services and their users. Please consider carefully before disclosing any personal data or other information that might be accessible to other users.
- We may conduct joint marketing and other communications with our partners, for example your mobile operator. To avoid duplicate or unnecessary communications and to tailor the message to you we may need to match information that Nexstim has collected with information that the partner has collected where this is permitted by law.
- International transfers of personal data. Our products and services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore, your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection, for example, the United States of America. In those cases Nexstim will take the needed action to ensure that adequate protection for your personal data as required by applicable laws. For international transfers of your personal data, we rely on agreements that are based on the Standard Contractual Clauses (“SCCs”) of the European Commission. Those can be found here (http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm?_ga=2.24276479.452183170.1499838048-819533480.1495432677).
- Mandatory disclosures. We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we or third parties acting on our behalf operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend Nexstim’s legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses in certain countries, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers.
While there are always risks associated with providing personal data, whether in person, by phone or via the internet or other technologies, and no system of technology is completely safe or "tamper"/"hacker" proof, Nexstim has endeavoured to take reasonable precautions which are appropriate to prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of your personal data. For example, Nexstim uses encryption technology when collecting personal data. If Nexstim websites support on-line interactions, it will use industry standard security measures, to protect the confidentiality and security of online interactions. If used, industry standard security measures like SSL authentication ensure that personal data submitted as part of the process, is reasonably safe from third party interception.
Nexstim will on its own initiative, or at your request, free of charge, replenish, rectify or erase any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data retained by Nexstim in connection with the operation of Nexstim Sites and other services. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update and/or review your personal data.
By showing how and when our guests use Nexstim websites, helps us to improve Nexstim websites. For the most part, you may visit Nexstim websites or use Nexstim products and/or services without having to tell us who you are. However, certain technical information is normally collected as a standard part of your use of Nexstim websites. Such information includes, for example, your IP-address, access times, the website you linked from, pages you visit, the links you use, the adbanners and other content you viewed, information about your devices and other such technical information your browser provides us with or as may be otherwise collected in connection with Nexstim products and services.
When you use Nexstim services or Nexstim websites or otherwise interact with us over telecommunications networks, certain additional information, such as your mobile subscription number, may be transmitted to us by the telecommunications operator as a standard part of that communication.
Cookies are small files that are sent to and stored in your computer by the websites you visit. When you access Nexstim websites, our server may attach a small text file to your hard disk - a cookie. Next time you visit Nexstim websites your browser will read the cookie and relay the information back to the website or element that originally set the cookie. Our domains may also include elements that set cookies on behalf of a third party.
To learn more about these technologies and how they work, please see e.g. allaboutcookies.org.
The following type of cookies are used on the Nexstim websites at the moment. Please note that the cookies can be changed by us at any time.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies certain website functions cannot be provided.
These cookies allow the website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors most often go to. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
Nexstim is not using targeting or advertising cookies.
You can choose to reject or block all or specific types of cookies set by virtue of your visit to Nexstim website by clicking on the cookie preferences on our website. You can also change your preferences for Nexstim website and/or the websites of any third-party suppliers by changing your browser settings, if your browser so permits. You can review the options available to manage cookies in your browser. Different browsers use different ways to disable cookies, but they are usually found under a Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser's help menu. In addition to cookie management, browsers usually let you control files similar to cookies, for example Local Shared Objects, e.g. by enabling the browser's privacy mode.
Nexstim's policy is to request that "Minors" (the age of Minors is determined by local law where you reside) do not engage in legal acts on Nexstim websites without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, unless permitted by applicable local law.
You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you. You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated. You have a right to unsubscribe from direct marketing messages and to request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or on other compelling legal grounds.
If you want to know the personal data we hold about you or you want us to correct or delete your personal data, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. If you elect to stop receiving emails from Nexstim, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribe from the e-mail’s automatic unsubscribe feature. Nexstim will not provide or share any mailing lisIf you want to know the personal data we hold about you or you want us to correct or delete your personal data, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. If you elect to stop receiving emails from Nexstim, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribe from the e-mail’s automatic unsubscribe feature.. Nexstim will not provide or share any mailing lists to third parties for promotional purposes.ts to third parties for promotional purposes.
Contact information in privacy issues: email@example.com
Updated: 17th of February, 2022, Helsinki